MELBOURNE STUDIO CAREER OPPORTUNITY – EXPERIENCED PROJECT ARCHITECT
Preston Lane is an award-winning design focused practice with offices in Melbourne and Hobart.
We are a small to medium sized practice undertaking projects of varying size, complexity, and cost. We are currently working on a range of project typologies including commercial (office and multi residential), local government, heritage, hospitality and residential including new houses and renovations/extensions. Preston Lane is an A+ member of the Australian Institute of Architects and all staff are covered by this membership.
Our studio is a fun, relaxed, hard working environment, and our close-knit team works together on all aspects of the architectural process. We are interested in meeting applicants looking for a long-term career move with salary commensurate to skills and experience.
A position is available in our Melbourne studio for an exceptional Project Architect with a minimum of 7 years’ experience, who has demonstrated skills in design and delivery of high-end residential houses and medium-scale commercial office and multi residential projects. Candidates must have an Australian Architecture registration.
We are seeking a hardworking, easy going, enthusiastic and confident person that is looking to work as a key member of our small team.
This role will require you to work both independently and collaboratively with Directors and team members, on all stages of projects from feasibility, concept design, documentation, and detailing, through to contract administration. You will be expected to confidently liaise with clients, consultants and builders, balance multiple project commitments, have excellent time management skills and meet deadlines.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong proven design experience, ability, and passion for design.
- Take a leadership role in the practice and have a desire to share knowledge, experiences and support younger members of our team.
- Demonstrate initiative and proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Documentation skills (AutoCAD essential).
- Exceptional technical knowledge, construction detailing and drawing management skills.
- Specific experience in the documentation of highly detailed residential projects (including interiors).
- Ability to confidently and independently co-ordinate and liaise with clients, consultants, authorities, and builders.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup.
Please email a cover letter, CV and portfolio to email@example.com
All Applications will be treated in strict confidence.