HOBART STUDIO CAREER OPPORTUNITY – PROJECT ARCHITECT
Preston Lane is an award-winning design focused practice with offices in Hobart and Melbourne.
We are a small to medium sized practice undertaking projects of varying size, complexity, and cost. We are currently working on a range of project typologies including education, commercial, local government, heritage, hospitality and residential including new houses and renovations/extensions.
Our studio is a fun, relaxed, hard working environment, and our close-knit team works together on all aspects of the architectural process. Preston Lane is a great place to learn and take responsibility for projects with the support of more experienced Architects. We are interested in meeting applicants looking for a long-term career move with salary commensurate to skills and experience.
A position is available in our Hobart studio for an exceptional Project Architect with 5-10 years’ experience, who has demonstrated skills in design and delivery of high-end residential houses and medium-scale commercial projects. We are seeking a hardworking, easy going, enthusiastic and confident person that is looking to work as a key member of our team.
This role will require you to work both independently and collaboratively with Directors and team members, on all stages of projects from feasibility, concept design, documentation, and detailing, through to contract administration. You will be expected to confidently liaise with clients, consultants and builders, balance multiple project commitments, have excellent time management skills and meet deadlines.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Design experience and importantly a passion for design.
- A can-do attitude.
- Ability to adapt and work across multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate initiative and proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Documentation skills (AutoCAD essential).
- Exceptional technical knowledge, construction detailing and drawing management skills.
- Ability to confidently and independently co-ordinate and liaise with clients, consultants, authorities, and builders.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup.
Please email a cover letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applications will be treated in strict confidence.